HomeAviationTravelPhotosMinistryResourcesBlogFunFilesXtraFilesResumeEmailTemp
Andy Borgmann's Blog
Where The Producer Gets the Mic
Previous: Prince William Says No To Wedding Ring; I Say Thank You
In The Time Of Our Lives It Is Time To Say Goodbye
Goodbye to the Allen Hunt Show

"If it has been five years, is it really still a startup," she says in response to me describing what I do while driving to the restaurant on a first date.

I told her I had essentially been thinking the same thing for about six months. The fact the Allen Hunt Show was a startup project was why I enjoyed it so much; but at the same time, the fact it was still a startup increasingly was a point of vexation. A year later, that relationship ended, and so now is my relationship with the Allen Hunt Show.

If you haven't heard yet, we have come to the decision to cease syndicating the Allen Hunt Show outside of the Atlanta market as of May 31. This has been an amazing experience and I am eternally grateful to God and others that have enabled me to do something so inspiring over the past six years.

I remember sitting in Allen's office at the end of May in 2005 when he wanted to know if I'd like to help start a radio show. I simply responded with, "I have never worked in radio, and if I suck at it, please let me know and I will gladly step out, but I would love to try." I do not regret that statement for one second. Man it's been fun.

I am not really ready to publicize what my next step will be. I am highly confident I know what it is, but contracts haven't been signed as we hash through some last details. But I will say that I am very excited about it.

Also what I am very excited about is taking the entire month of June off. I graduated from college in Los Angeles on a Saturday in May of 2005, and by that Thursday I had moved myself across the country, got moved into my apartment, and started my job. It will be nice to have a break.

June will be spent in Indiana with CJ & Andrea having their 3rd child, at the lake in Michigan doing some wakeboarding, and probably England.

You will still be able to read my rantings on my blog at my personal site andyborgmann.com (soon to be switched to andy.borgmann.me). I look forward to our continued friendship as I move on from the Allen Hunt Show.

When I left Mount Pisgah in 2007, I wrote about the song "Life for Rent." In that post I stated, "I will take a full life that doesn't belong to me - but belongs to my Creator - any day over a life I own but comes up empty." 3.5 years later, I agree with that more than ever.

As I leave this time, it isn't "Life for Rent" that I have playing in my head. It's "Time of Our Lives" by Tyronne Wells. I'll sign off with this:
It's hard to walk away from the best of days
But if it has to end, I'm glad you have been my friend
In the time of our lives
Comments
Christopher Spurgeon
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 09:48:29 AM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com Happy for you Andy! Enjoy your month off, and keep us posted when you have decided to announce what's next.

Chuck
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 09:51:06 AM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com As the late, great Royal Marshall was known to say: "Just Damn".
Good luck and all the best!

Charlie Paparelli
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:24:43 AM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com Andy, You sure didn't suck at Radio. You were outstanding! I am so impressed on how you take every challenge head-on and come out a winner. The next gig will be equally successful. love, charlie

Andy Borgmann
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 12:20:23 PM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com
Christopher Spurgeon said in comment # 1...Happy for you Andy! Enjoy your month off, and keep us posted when you have decided to announce what's next.
Will do.

Chuck said in comment # 2...I take it you won't be involved in the Sunday evening WSB TAHS that will live on after May 31?

Charlie Paparelli said in comment # 3...Andy, You sure didn't suck at Radio. You were outstanding! I am so impressed on how you take every challenge head-on and come out a winner. The next gig will be equally successful. love, charlie
Thanks Uncle Charlie! I am only able to take on challenges due to the confidence gained from the early education and support I got from you and others.

rose-ellen caminer
Tuesday, April 5, 2011 01:52:15 PM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com I'm really sorry to see you go. I just started listening a few months ago and you're my favorite radio show.I wish you well and I'll continue reading your wonderful blog. It's the best blog.

The Last Cainanite
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 08:57:16 PM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com I likewise am sorry to see you leave AHS but am sure you'll do great in whatever is your next endeavor. Politics maybe, as a congressional staffer?
Andy Borgmann said in comment # 4...I will not. I of course wish Allen all the best, and have equipped him to handle updating the site on his own, but it is time for me to move on.

I am sure nothing can go wrong there... ;)

Justice
Sunday, April 10, 2011 07:09:46 PM    Quote Selection | Permalink
Gravatar.com Unlike my usual brash ways, I wish you well, from my findings over the years you have a great deal of intelligence and a fair mix of common sense VERY RARE.

I would say that at your age and stage of life you could be in a position to follow such as the late Royal Marshall. Note I said follow not replace, each "Royal" has to make their own stamp in life.

Working with Boortz would have tested you but you are up to that.

So go get married, have children and fly high young sir ................

Join the Discussion and Post A Comment
Name:
Email Address
(mandatory - always private
also will be used for gravatar)
Website/Blog (optional):
(Standard HTML Tags allowed - a,b,blockquote,br,code,i,li,ol,ul - abusers will be logged and blocked)

Are You Human? (Captcha)
(Capitlization doesn't matter)
Captcha

What's Andy Up To?
Andy Borgmann - TwitterWhat a waste. Weekend in Atlanta and we still had to stream @victoryatl - everything was super sick today: the worship, the sermon, and us
Andy Borgmann - TwitterIt is going to be a miracle if our flight goes smoothly. Fellow passengers on DL #1891 I am doing my best to keep this baby asleep.
Andy Borgmann - TwitterLet me see. Who should I make this check out to? Baby Caleb. One MILLION dollars. http://pic.borgmann.me/lS
Andy Borgmann - TwitterThese two are OUT. And I am trapped. http://pic.borgmann.me/lR
Andy Borgmann - TwitterRogelio De La Vega just might be my favorite TV character of all time. His lines are hilarious!
Andy Borgmann - TwitterIs it odd that the ingredient in Mountain Dew that grosses me out the most is Concentrated Orange Juice. It's the 3rd most used ingredient.
Andy Borgmann - TwitterAND.... this pretty much explains why it is so hard to find a house in St. Petersburg. This is FLOOD and CRIME... http://pic.borgmann.me/lQ
Andy Borgmann - TwitterMy quest to become @cpaparelli continues: purchased my first Tempur-pedic mattress. Next step: condo in Hilton Head. #BasicallyTheSamePrice
Andy Borgmann - TwitterEnjoying some cinnamon rolls and Danishes at St Pete Bakery on this beautiful morning. Next up house and mattre... http://pic.borgmann.me/lP
Andy Borgmann - TwitterSooooo the @SpiritAirlines-ization of @Delta has happened. I was hoping this wouldn't come to TPA, but this da... http://pic.borgmann.me/lO

Description
Andy's blog aims to be like a Scrubs episode, mixed with a Chuck Klosterman column, centered around the topic of faith. It is open, honest, raw, and a little embarrassing. It is a place to discuss religion, politics, ministry, pop culture, and well, just life - especially focused on the time of life we call our 20s!

Andy is the Executive Producer of The Allen Hunt Show; a progressive (in the literal sense), talk radio show based in Atlanta, GA aimed at bringing faith back into the public discussion. Andy enjoys travel, aviation, web design, politics, friends, and faith. He holds that the secret to a full life is loving God and loving people - which he fails at constantly.

Andy grew up in Fort Wayne, IN. He now lives in Alpharetta, GA.

More information about Andy can be found at www.2timothy42.org or Andy's Facebook.

P.S. As has been mentioned on air, Andy is horrible at grammar and spelling. Please excuse any mistakes, trust me, he's sorry.

Email Subscribe